Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Hire
- In these conditions the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
a) The Company: Lowfields Leisure Ltd., b) The Hirer: the individual/s booking the accommodation, c) The Accommodation: the unit or property booked by the Hirer.
- These Terms & Conditions of Hire and the booking form when signed shall constitute a binding contract between the Hirer and the Company.
- All applications to reserve the accommodation must be submitted by the Hirer on the booking form and shall be accompanied by the relevant deposit required as per the price list. The signed booking form and deposit must be received by the Company within 7 days of the initial booking. Payments may be paid by BACS (details available through Reception), debit/credit card over the telephone or cheque via post made payable to Lowfields.
- The Company will accept the application by sending the Hirer written confirmation of the booking. The Company will at the same time notify the Hirer of the date upon which the balance of the price shall be paid, which shall be 10 weeks prior to the commencement of the hire. If the balance of the price is not paid by the Hirer by the due date, the Company reserves the right to re-let the accommodation as if the Hirer had cancelled in accordance with clause 5 hereof. If the application is not accepted for any reason the Company will notify the Hirer and refund forthwith all sums paid.
- If the Hirer wishes to cancel the hire he/she shall notify the Company in writing. If the Company is able to re-let the accommodation for the full amount the Hirer’s liability will be limited to the loss of the deposit paid. If the Company cannot re-let the accommodation the Hirer shall be responsible for payment for the full price of the holiday. The Company strongly recommends that the Hirer takes out holiday insurance.
- Postponement and cancellation due to Government restrictions.This clause explains when you, or we, may cancel or agree to postpone your holiday due to Government restrictions. We prefer that you postpone but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so. The rights in this clause are additional to any other rights either of us may have in our terms and conditions. We promise to keep all our customers safe. We ask you not to book if the law prevents you visiting or staying with us, or if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us even if the law still allows you to. Our promise also means that there are limited circumstances in which we may need to cancel your holiday. Either of us has the right to cancel your holiday, or any full unused days, if the law prevents you from visit-ing or staying with us. If your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking in full less any costs we have already incurred on your holiday which we cannot recover elsewhere (“Direct Costs”). If your holi-day has started, then we will refund in full any full days unused when we cancel, again less any Direct Costs. We will not charge an administration fee. Either of us also has the right to cancel your holiday, or any full unused days, if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us, even if the law still allows you to do so. If your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking in full. If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any full days unused when we cancel. We will not charge an administration fee and we will not deduct any Direct Costs.
- Changes to our facilities and services. We may make reasonable changes to the facilities and services at the park provided these changes do not materially reduce their quality. Our changes may reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a health and safety risk. If we make changes to the facilities and services at the park which materially reduce their quality, we will give you the choice between confirming your booking, agreeing new booking dates with us or cancelling. If your holiday has not started and you decide to cancel, then we will refund your booking in full. If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any full days unused when we cancel. We will not charge an administration fee, and we will not deduct any Direct Costs.
- If the accommodation shall become unavailable prior to the commencement of the period of hire or during the hire for any cause either due to the negligence of the Company, its servants or agents or due to any other reason beyond the control of the company, the Company’s liability shall be limited to a refund of the price paid.
- In the unlikely event of damage caused by you, the Company reserves the right to impose a reasonable charge so as to return the accommodation to its condition as at the commencement of hire. Further, a charge will also be made for any abnormal cleaning caused by the Hirer during the period of hire. All accommodation is strictly non-smoking.
- In order that the accommodation can be cleaned and inspected between lets, hire commences at 3:00pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10:00am on the day of departure.
- The Company reserves the right to request that any guest causing a disturbance or behaving offensively to vacate the accommodation and leave the park immediately. No refunds shall apply.
- The Hirer will permit the Company, its servants or agents to have access to the accommodation at all reasonable times.
- The Hirer will not use the accommodation for a greater number of persons than indicated on the booking form. The Company reserves the right to withdraw access to the accommodation if such number is exceeded. No refunds shall apply.
- Dogs are welcome in the accommodation stated on the booking form at a charge as per the price list, provided that they are kept on a lead at all times whilst outside of the accommodation and the Hirer ensures that all foul is cleaned up immediately. Dogs must be kept off the furnishings in the accommodation.
- For Cottage, Grange and Log Cabin a maximum of two cars may be parked adjacent to the accommodation at any one time and a maximum of one car for caravans. Extra parking bays are provided around the park and also within the main car park located at Reception, should they be required. Please do not exceed the park speed limit as displayed on the roadside signs . The Hirer should not for any reason whatsoever drive or park on the grass. Commercial vehicles/vans/trailers must be left in the main car park located at Reception.
- The Hirer will be provided with the Fishing Rules & Regulations upon arrival (or in advance by request) and the Park Rules in the accommodation. The Hirer must comply with these rules at all times. The Company reserves the right to eject any person in breach of these rules from the park with immediate effect.